Old versionsSee all
Zoom Downloader can let you manage and accelerate your downloads. The application has an intuitive interface, which is a blessing if we take into account that its help documentation is really poor. It can be set to start along with Windows and remain hidden in the System Tray, from where it can monitor the clipboard and web browsers. Thus, the simplest way to create a new download task is to accept the program’s suggestion when it detects that a URL has been copied to the clipboard or your browser needs to start a download. In addition, you can enter a single URL manually or import a list of URLs from a file. However, its main advantage over other programs of its kind is that it supports downloading batches of files using wildcards.
In terms of download speed, the program is quite fast, as it supports creating various download threads or finding available mirrors. It lets you manage download jobs with such functions as re-ordering, pausing, resuming and scheduling. As additional features, it can connect via proxy and integrate with your antivirus application.
In general, Zoom Downloader may go unnoticed among so many similar applications available. Though it can do its job right, it does not include some of the features that are common in modern download managers. For instance, it does not support multiple network protocols or downloading complete websites.
- It is easy to use
- It supports multiple download threads
- It allows pausing and resuming downloads
- It can integrate with your system and web browsers
- It supports creating download batches using wildcards
- It supports downloading via proxy
- It integrates with anti-virus applications
- The help documentation is very poor
- It does not support multiple protocols
- It cannot download complete websites